10.07.2011

Pink or Blue?

I know that everyone has been waiting in anticipation to find out if Baby Brown #2 is a boy or a girl! Ok, maybe it's not on your mind every night but I'm sure you've wondered about it at some point...right?!

I went in for my 20 week ultrasound the Friday after we returned from Texas...and I was shocked by the results.


A cute profile of baby #2



And the baby is a BOY!


I was totally shocked that we are going to have another boy because my pregnancy has felt very different this time. I was convinced we were having a girl. I guess that just means I have no intuition on this matter. We are thrilled to have another boy and we can't wait to meet him...I just hope he stays put past 35 weeks!

We were also fortunate to be able to have a 3D image this time. Now, I personally think that the 3D images are a little frightening because they look so ghostly but I know a lot of people like them. Baby Boy wasn't really cooperating with this part (according to the tech), so we didn't get a great shot but here it is.



The best news is that Baby Boy is growing well and everything appears to be normal and healthy!

We were able to surprise my parents and Justin's mother with an announcement that evening.

My parents were having dinner with some friends that night, so I contacted one of their friends and had them pick up a cake that I ordered at a local bakery. Thanks to Joleen for playing along and keeping it a secret until the end of the evening! My parents were totally surprised by both the announcement and the gender. (I had them convinced we would just tell them the next day since they already had plans with friends.)


You can't see the cake very well, but my mom is already on the phone talking to me.


We also sent Justin's mother a sweet treat announcement. I found a bakery in Cameron and had a giant cookie made. She was able to share the news with her friends that evening as well!



I just want to clarify right now that we are not sharing the name because that is always the next question someone asks...hahaha. We haven't totally picked one out just yet, which makes it easier not to share, but we don't plan to reveal the name until delivery day. I will give you a hint that none of our children will have names that start with the same letter or the same letter as our names, so J names and G names are out. So feel free to guess...but I will neither confirm nor deny the accuracy.

You may also want to guess the actual delivery date. I had a strong feeling when I was pregnant with Garytt that I wouldn't make it the full 40 weeks, and I feel the same way this time. So, although the expected date to meet this baby is February 8, I fully anticipate a January baby. I just hope he makes it until late January! I have heard a few people already making predictions about the actual arrival date...we'll just have to wait and see who gets it correct.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I'm super excited for you guys. I love the cake idea! :)

We're also not telling the name. Stick to your guns! :)

J.S. Downing said...

I knew it! Congrats!

Lindsay jones said...

How exciting about another boy! Make sure you tell him to stay put. Our babies tend to be inpatient :) I've been enjoying all the blogs lately. I wish you all lived closer so avery and garytt could hang out.