It is a once a week class that allows him to interact with other children and teaches the parents how to teach the children certain gymnastic skills. We have mainly been working on forward rolls. He loves to do them and has started trying to do them with no help.
There is also a part of the class that is free time, where the children get to wander around and use whatever gym equipment they want (with the help of a parent, of course). It has been fun for both of us!
Justin pointed out that I always dress Garytt like a gymnast when we go...a onsie and sweat pants. I hadn't really thought about it but I guess I do. Some of the other kids come in jeans and such but I think he seems more comfortable in a shirt that doesn't come untucked and sweat pants that really allow him to move easily.
The first time we went, the instructor warned us that some kids are hesitant...yeah not Garytt. He was super excited to try everything out. Here are some pictures from week 1 exploration time.
Here are some pictures and videos of the second week.
They end each class with bubbles...the kids love it.
Last week, we recheduled the class for Saturday since Garytt had a check-up on his normal gym day. So, last Saturday Justin was able to participate with Garytt during class and it was easier for me to get a few more pictures.
Walking in a circle during warm-up
Doing a forward roll
Parachute time
Garytt loved the rings!
Dad is such a good spotter
Bubble time
Here are some videos from last week as well.
The instructor actually said that Garytt should go up to the next class level. So, this week we are going to try to go to that class and see how he does with the bigger kids. I think he will love it!
1 comment:
What a great idea! Looks like garytt is having a great time.
Post a Comment