I also made an apple cake during the day. (Did you notice the apple theme? We are still going through the 8 lbs of apples we bought a few weeks ago.) Since he doesn't particularly care for icing on cakes, this cake was perfect because it just calls for some powdered sugar on top. Again, it was a recipe that I had not used before but it turned out pretty good! It probably isn't as sweet as I would have liked but Justin seemed to really enjoy it, and I'm sure his office enjoyed the leftover cake.
We had a few minutes to spare before we could leave for dinner, so Justin posed with his packages. (In all of these pictures you will notice the odd wallpaper on the one wall and the horrible carpeting...one day we will have time to tackle those projects.)
The packages, cards, and cake
Then he chose to open the only gift bag in the bunch. The gift bag was a random assortment of food items that included sauerkraut and Kit Kats. Yes, I know it seems strange but he was pretty excited about the kraut.
Happy about his kraut in a can!
Garytt ran off with the Kit Kat bag!
Garytt is proud that he was able to steal the Kit Kats!
He then opened his cards.
By that time, we were able to leave for dinner. (I had to wait until after I checked in online for my Southwest flight the next day.) So, when I asked Justin where he wanted to eat for his birthday dinner, he did some "research." He decided he wanted to try a local restaurant in Appleton...because he found out that you get a free meal on your birthday. Awesome! Not only is it awesome to get a free meal but that Justin based his decision on that fact! It was a great little restaraunt and I'm sure we'll be back, so the free birthday dinner thing probably worked in their favor.
When we got back to the house, Justin finished opening his gifts (with Garytt's help). I don't think there were any more exciting gifts like sauerkraut, just some clothes and such.
I think Justin enjoyed his birthday celebration and dinner. I know that Garytt enjoyed the wrapping paper and ice cream! Until next year...Happy Birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment