On Sunday, October 1 we decided to go to the Oshkosh Oktoberfest. There was a Polka Mass at 10:30 that morning, and if you attended the mass, you could attend the festival for free that day. So, we decided to go to the outdoor polka mass since it was a beautiful morning to be outside...and I love free!
Let me just say that Garytt LOVED the mass. Ok, he LOVED the polka music and danced all through mass. It was really quite cute.
After mass, we had a bite to eat. Unfortunately, we were hoping for more authentic German food like schnitzel. Instead we had brats. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't what we expected.
We walked around for a bit after lunch and enjoyed the polka band. It looked like most of the festival fun was scheduled on Saturday. So, there weren't many things going on that day. But we did get a few pictures.
As I mentioned, Garytt really enjoyed the polka music. And I will agree, that was the best part of the festival.
The band
We did get a short video of him dancing...but I pulled the video camera out a little late...he was already done with most of his dance moves. Bummer.
It was a beautiful day to spend outside and enjoying mass and polka music. Next year we may try out the Appleton Oktoberfest, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment