I was very excited to vistit Aggieland! We haven't been back to College Station in several years and many things had changed both on and off campus. I was shocked to find that the MSC was totally closed off due to major rennovations. In fact, the bookstore, which is normally housed in the MSC, has a temporary home in G. Rollie White Coliseum...I'm not sure if that means they move all the merchandise out for volleyball games or if they have moved the location of the volleyball games.
Anyhow, we first made a quick stop at Aggieland Outfitters to get a T-shirt for Garytt. Then we headed to campus to get some pictures. We stayed mainly on the Academic Plaza, and we didn't stay outside too long because it was pretty hot that day. Let me just say, that Aggie Cowboy Garytt was very popular with the college girls walking across campus!
Garytt's first few steps on campus
Garytt looks very happy to be in Aggieland!!
We tried to get some pictures in front of the Academic Building and Sul Ross...but the sun was just too bright. As you can see, Garytt and I both look like we are in pain in this picture.
So, we decided to stay in the shade near the Academic Building and then move over to the Century Tree.
He looks happier in the shade
Garytt on Academic Plaza
Me and Garytt under the Century Tree
Garytt and Justin
Garytt by the bench under the Century Tree
All of a sudden when we were hanging out under the Century Tree, Garytt just started running full speed at me as if to give me a hug...then he head butted me...hahaha, boys!
We then went over to the temporary bookstore location in G. Rollie to see if we could find some Aggie goodies to take home. So, we decided to take some pictures there too. Unforunately, Garytt was getting very tired and the flash on the camera was giving out...so, it was a bit of a struggle to get a decent picture there.
These are some of Justin's favorite pictures from the day, all of which were taken under the Century Tree.
Now I have to include this photo because it is too funny.
Drunk Aggie Cowboy Garytt?? I'm sure that will never happen.
Overall, we enjoyed our very quick trip to Aggieland. I wish we could have spent more time around campus and getting more pictures but between the heat and Garytt's nap schedule, we just couldn't manage that. So, I guess we'll just have to visit again!
2 comments:
So jealous! I should have come with you guys!
Jealous! I wish I was there with you guys!
Post a Comment