While we arrived in Appleton, which is just about 20 minutes from our house, our luggage and Garytt's spare carseat did not. Apparently, someone in Minneapolis forgot to load a whole cart full of luggage onto our plane because nearly half of the passengers were in line to report the missing baggage. I was thankful that it happened on our way home when we already had a carseat in the truck. Unfortunately, it sounded like our luggage would arrive later that night but did not arrive until around 2pm the following day. You gotta love flying.
That Monday evening, we attended the Autumn Festival in Appleton. Dinner was provided and there were lots of things for the kids to do. There were even local fire fighters and a fire engine there that the kids could check out. Garytt had a great time!
Dinner-yummy.
Garytt loved the pumkin toss game but wouldn't back up enough to actually toss it.
The next little section had minature camping tents. They were a little unstable and Garytt kept tripping on the bottom mat, but he enjoyed walking around in there and playing peek-a-boo with Dad.
Next it was time to move on to the music mat. After Justin showed Garytt how the drums work, he was all about those! I hope he never receives drums as a gift!
The festival also had a live snake exhibit on site. Yeah, so, I'm not big on snakes and neither is Justin. But we took Garytt over to look at them. I could only snap one quick shot of the big container of snakes before I had to back away because there were people all around me holding more snakes...too much for me.
Now it was time for Garytt to show his muscles at the Strong Man area.
The texture area that contained buckets of rice and noodles didn't really keep Garytt's interest for too long.
He did, however, love the ball toss area. He didn't really understand that you were supposed to throw the ball towards the holes. Instead he would try to find one of us and throw the ball to us...maybe next year he'll get it.
We then decided to proceed over to the playground. Garytt saw it while we were at some of the other stations and he really wanted to go over there to play. Keep in mind that it was starting to get dark, so some of the pictures from here on out aren't that great.
I love slides!
Garytt and Justin preparing to go down a slide together
Climbing up to the slide
They made it!
While we were at the park, Justin decided to let Garytt hang from one of the toys. Garytt loved it! Again, the lighting is pretty bad but you can tell he is having fun!
Finally, we decided to head over to see the fire truck and the fire fighters.
Justin showing Garytt all the gadgets on the side of the truck
Waiting to get inside the truck
Checking out the inside
Sitting in the chair
Showing off his Jr. Firefighter sticker
The only activities he didn't do were the crafts because it involved glue and peanut butter and I didn't want sticky boy all evening and the kiddie train because I didn't really think he would sit there for the whole ride. Maybe next year he will get to ride the train.
Borky Express...Garytt didn't get to ride this year.
We had a nice evening and Garytt really didn't want to leave even though it was getting dark and close to bed time.
Ok, I know this picture is out of focus but I just love that smile!
No comments:
Post a Comment