2.24.2018

August 2017 Randomness

I am the used uniform coordinator for the school. I had some pretty great helpers sorting uniforms for me in early August.


I made eye appointments for the boys before school started. I didn't take pictures of Garytt since he has pictures from his first visit. But I snapped a few quick pictures of Westyn since this was his first eye appointment. The eye doc said his vision was fine but he actually had a small piece of what looked like metal in his eye! She was able to get it out and was shocked he never complained.


Soccer practice started in August.


We had a successful trip to Target for school supplies and the boys wanted pictures on the big red ball.


Our last summer family game night, we decided to take the boys bowling.


We decided to get a new refrigerator because the existing one was fairly small. We moved the old one to the basement and I found a clearance refrigerator at Lowe's. The thing about living on 27th Street with a very narrow driveway, the delivery people have to park in the turn lane and then wait for a red light and rush across the street. It's really a good time for them, I'm sure.


The other issue was we didn't have one entry into the house that was wide enough to get the refrigerator in. They had to remove all the doors and drawers and all the electronics that go along with that. But they got it in and I love it.


Justin took the boys to the Husker band exhibition event. They had a great time!


Just two days after the tree fell on our house, I came back from dropping off the boys at school and running a quick errand to find my street completely blocked off and fire trucks everywhere. I pulled over and asked a police officer what was going on. Apparently a gas line main was broken and they were trying to repair it. I was escorted into my house by a fire fighter to get Aggie out. Then she and I went on a long, long walk. It took forever but we were eventually allowed back in. How many other things could go awry.


I love getting sneak peaks of brothers reading together.


The boys were excited to get some new low loft beds.


Cub Scout park outting.

No comments: