2.24.2018

2017 Solar Eclipse

August 21, 2017 was the solar eclipse day and I went up to school to help and view the eclipse with the boys.  The students were allowed to wear black shirts with uniform shorts to celebrate the black out.

 The kindergarten grade wasn't allowed out into the parking lot with the other kids. They had to stay under the awning for safety. But they were able to see it get darker and feel the changes in the air. The other students were given very specific instructions on when to put glasses on and when they could come off.

Garytt's class is ready!


Westyn could see me sitting in the parking lot with Garytt and was having a sad moment. So, I went to talk to his teacher and she allowed him to come out and sit with me. So, he did get to see the eclipse with the glasses after all.


It got a little cloudy just before totality and we wondered if we would get to see the eclipse at all. But it cleared off just in time.


They boys were totally engaged in watching it.


I am so glad I got to experience this event with the students. Here's a picture of the whole school right after the event.

No comments: