6.12.2013

Mother's Day 2013

The Sunday after we got back from Orlando was Mother's Day. Since we had such a busy week, I opted to do something low key. The boys helped me plant flowers in our planters.

First, Garytt and I went to the store to pick out some flowers. I didn't get an pictures of this part but Garytt did a great job helping me. (Now, anyone who knows me very well, knows I'm really not a gardener and I have no knowledge about flowers. So, we merely picked the ones Garytt liked.)

Then, it was time to start planting. (As you can tell from our attire, it was a little chilly that day.) Garytt was excited about the tools.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Westyn was more of an observer at first.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Garytt enjoyed scooping the dirt in the planter.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Then Garytt brought me the first flower. And he watched carefully as I removed it from the bucket to plant.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Westyn seemed more interested once we started planting the flowers. So, I had two helpers to bring flowers to me.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The boys got bored during the final stages of planting and ended up out in the yard with the garden tools.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Once all the flowers were planted, we put them on either side of the door. Then Garytt remembered we have a watering can and "needed" to water the new flowers.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

After the flowers were more than adequately watered, I wanted to take a quick picture with both of the boys with our newly planted flowers. Garytt was not interested! He wanted to keep watering the flowers!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

It was nice to have a low-key day after such a busy week! And, surprisingly, despite have no idea what flowers to pick, our planters are still alive and flowering!  (And Garytt still "needs" to water the flowers nearly every day.)

No comments: