Westyn suddenly decided that he didn't need help eating his breakfast anymore. We had been giving him a spoon with meals for a while but he had only been mildly interested...I suppose it was easier to just use his fingers or have us feed him. But now he is all about being an independent eater...not necessarily clean though.
Garytt wanted me to take a picture of him...after all, he eats his breakfast all by himself, too.
Garytt also hit a milestone early in June...a huge milestone! He is now potty trained!
After all of our travels and adventures in May, I just decided one week, we were done with diapers. The first two days, I was really unsure about the whole process and thought it might end similar to the way it ended when we tried to start this process over the winter.
Ok, honestly, after day two, I was nearly at wits end trying to find a way to motivate him. He just didn't want to participate in the process.
Day three was a completely different story. We chose to use only big boy underwear during the day instead of a pull-up. He had one big accident right after breakfast. That was it for him...he didn't like that feeling and he didn't resist potty training after that! He has been dry every day since then, and has been dry about 80% of the time overnight (he still wears pull-ups overnight). Based on how things went last time, I didn't really take any pictures of our process because I thought we might jinx it, but here are a few pictures of him from the last time we attempted potty training.
Although these pictures show Garytt using his little potty chair, I am quite happy that he has completely quit using that potty chair and just using the big toilet with his Elmo potty seat on it...which makes me much happier...not as much clean up involved.
We did have a potty chart for him and after he filled up his potty chart, he got a special treat. He picked out the movie Alice in Wonderland. We were actually at my parents' house when he he filled up his chart, so Grandma and Grandpa also gave him a potty reward...a Jake and the Neverland Pirate sword. Ok, so Grandma and Grandpa win...he much prefers that potty reward!
I am so proud of Garytt! I almost feel silly that I complained and fretted so much the first two days of potty training because it has been a breeze after that. He has even gotten up a few times around 11pm to tell me that he has to potty!
Good job boys!
No comments:
Post a Comment