6.01.2013

Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade-Disney Day 3 Continued

After the boys woke up, we headed back to Animal Kingdom. Unfortunately, my mom's foot was bothering her, so she opted out of the afternoon at Animal Kingdom, hoping to get rested up for our final day at Magic Kingdom the next day. Remember our "Magic Moment" VIP parking pass? Yeah, that was awesome upon returning! I noticed how far out the cars were being parked and getting on and off their parking trams with a stroller isn't the easiest thing while wrangling two kids. So, it was great to be able to pull up and park right at the front!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

When we arrived, we contacted Justin to see where to meet him. He was on the other side of the Tree of Life.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

We found him easily enough and took our seats for the parade.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The boys were a little antsy while we waited for the parade to start. So, I decided that Garytt and I would go get some Mickey ice cream snacks!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Garytt was even sweet enough to let Westyn try his ice cream.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Both the boys had chocolate all over their faces by the time the parade started.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

There was a little pre-parade entertainment when a cast member with a toucan came by.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Pretty soon the parade started. This was one of the best parades! First, it had really fun music. Second, we were close enough that many of the parade characters interacted with the boys along the way! (I think the very chocolaty faces attracted a lot of attention too!) And, third, the floats were really impressive.

Here come King Louie and Baloo the Bear to start the parade!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Did you see at the end there that Mickey, even from way up on his truck specifically waved at the boys and then pointed to Westyn and waved until Westyn waved back. How fun!


When the parade was over, we got a quick family photo in front of the Tree of Life...the boys looked thrilled.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Then we decided to walk around a bit and found a photo spot with Everest in the background. The boys were better sports at this location.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Grandpa got in one too...Garytt looks like he's over getting his picture taken at this point.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

We saw the group before us do one of the "magic" shots. We asked the photographer if we could do one. She was totally a good sport about it and agreed to try. (We learned that sometimes the Photopass people won't even try to do the magic shots with kids as young as ours because they aren't good at doing the surprise faces when there is nothing to be surprised about.) Ok, just check out Garytt's surprise face! And even Westyn looks like he's playing along! I'm so glad we got our magic shot thanks to our very friendly Wisconsin native photographer!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

After that, we decided to go see the Nemo show.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The show was ok but, honestly, we would have been better off spending our time doing something more active in the park.

By that time, it was getting close to the park closing. (Animal Kingdom closes much earlier than any of the other parks.) I had to run to the photo center at the front of the park to take care of something, so all the guys took in one more show.

They went to A Bug's Life 4D show. I'm a little bummed I missed it because it sounded like it was pretty funny. I asked Garytt how it was and he said the bugs were scary and then told me they ran across his bottom. I guess the seats make you feel like bugs are crawling underneath you at the very end.

On our way out, we realized in all the rush to get to breakfast that morning, we didn't get any photos in front of the Animal Kingdom sign.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Then our photographered offered to have a magic shot with Garytt holding this crate. Well, he was a bit confused so we all helped him hold the crate. Now, again, I'm thinking awesome, baby Simba is going to be sitting there when we see the photo...Stitch again,?!  Really?!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Ok, so in the future, I will learn to specifically ask what special character is going to appear and I will specifically search out the locations of the magic shots that include the characters I like. 

She did one more magic shot before we left, which was much more fun!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

When we got back to the condo, Grandma said Mickey had stopped by with a special treat...boxes of candy!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Of course, we had to eat some dinner first, which Grandma had been nice enough to fix while we were away. Garytt wasn't that interested in eating. But he loved the little sweeper they had in the condo. So, I actually convinced him that he could use the sweeper if he ate his dinner, which totally worked! I'm sure it won't be much longer that I can bribe him to eat something he doesn't want by doing actual work...hahaha.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Now, about that chocolate...

No comments: