6.17.2013

May Randomness

As usual, we have a few photos and videos that didn't fit into any of the May blog posts.

First, there is a video of the Westyn playing with a bucket on his head.


One day Garytt just came to me and said "show this," which is his way of saying, "watch this." He did this impression of an elephant that just cracked me up. I have no idea where he got it from but we thought it was hilarious. So, we tried to get him to do it on camera several times. Here are the best two videos of him doing his elephant impression.


For Garytt's birthday, he received several games. He loves them! We usually try to play games during Westyn's morning nap since there are small pieces. And I don't know if toddler games are just designed for toddlers to win or if he is really that lucky, but he usually beats me, especially at the game Cootie!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Among all the craziness of May, we did manage to get a couple of small home projects done.

First, Justin requested a new headboard for our bed a while back. The headboard we had was one that I had all through college. I still like it and it wasn't in bad shape but he wanted a change. So, we decided to go to Menards for some inspiration. I was thinking of using a door and painting it to match our room (an idea I saw on Pinterest, of course). But they didn't really have the kind of door I wanted. So, we wandered for a bit looking for inspiration, and then Justin came across the decorative lawn fencing. And he suggested using this bamboo lawn fence. It was only about $15 and just needed a couple cans of spray paint. Of course, it took a while to let it dry and be sure we got all the edges navy. Then we hung it on the wall and ta-da! I am very happy with our new headboard and the cost was less than $20! And I'm most impressed with Justin's thinking outside the box...and without the help of Pinterest, no less!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The other project we did was switch the light in Garytt's room to a fan. I really don't know why the previous owners did not have a fan in there when they have a fan in every other room upstairs. But poor Garytt would just wake up from his afternoon nap sweaty. His room just had no air movement. So, this was a quick project. And Garytt sleeps better now!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

One night after dinner, Westyn was so extremely messy that he got to "fly" upstairs by the straps of his overalls.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Although May was pretty rainy, we did have some sunny days and we got outside to enjoy the weather. Westyn likes to play with the baseball bat...but he uses the wrong end.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

That same day, Garytt wanted to ride is tricycle (something he still hasn't mastered and that we are working on). He does love that cowboy hat! However, he wouldn't come out of the shade in the garage because the sun was too bright...maybe I'm raising a vampire...

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

This is a video of us trying to get Westyn to say "cheese." Of course, Garytt shows us some of his fun talents, too.


And, finally, we will end our random pictures in May with a Princess Potato Head.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

May was very busy for us. Hopefully, June will allow us a little more downtime.

No comments: