Unfortunately, Monday was probably the worst weather day we had while we were in California. It was overcast and a little chilly that morning. But we decided to walk out onto the pier anyway. Garytt, however refused to wear his jacket. I carried it with me and kept asking him but he kept telling me he didn't want it.
Both boys were fascinated with looking through the railings. And, despite the fact that the railings did look pretty secure, it made Justin and I nervous. There is just something that feels wrong about walking out on a platform above the ocean and letting your kids lean over the edge.
We saw some pelicans hanging out on the pier.
We made it out to the end of the pier and I wanted to get a picture with the boys, but Garytt was ready to go to the beach.
On our way back to the beach, Garytt suddenly noticed that you could see through the planks of the pier.
We left the pier and went to the beach just below. We enjoyed this view of the pier as well.
The boys were eager to play in the sand.
Then Garytt got up the courage to test the water. I fully expected him to not like it because the water was too cold. He loved it!
Of course, when Westyn saw Garytt having so much fun in the water, he tried to go in as well. He got out into the water up to his ankle and started crying. I think the water was too cold for him. So, I went in to rescue him...and, wow, that was some icy cold water!
Westyn spent the rest of the time playing in the sand and avoiding the water.
When it was time to wrap up our beach morning, Garytt was very sad. That boy really loves playing on the beach. We tried to tell him that we had to get baths and lunch so we could go to Mickey's Party, but that didn't seem very convincing at the time. So, lesson learned, from now on, we should plan a whole beach day rather than just a morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment