8.13.2011

Farewell to Kansas

I have been able to hit most of the highlights of our Kansas trip in the past few posts. However, Garytt did come down with a fever for about three days, which was a real bummer. We ended up having to cancel some plans to see friends and family while he was possibly contagious and not feeling well. Once he recovered, he was good to go.

While we were in Kansas, we had Garytt's 15 month pictures taken with a local photographer. My parents' won a free kids session and a few free prints at a church auction. I am excited to get them back...I did see some previews. So, whenever I can get them, I will post some of them on the blog.

We also had a little mishap one day while we were at the house. Garytt came toddling in to the living room and reached for a chair and totally missed it with his hands...but his chin definitely caught it. He came down hard and did cut his tongue in the process. Bec and Kyle had some freeze pops...so, we let Garytt have one...it was cold and tasted good. He seemed better after that.



We did spend some time just hanging out at my parents' house just relaxing and letting Garytt play (especially while he wasn't feel well).


Who needs toys when you have metal bowls that make lots of noise?



Nap time



I love spaghetti!



Garytt in Kyle's cap



Reading to Garytt


It was a great trip and we were sad to have to leave. We didn't manage to see everyone we had hoped to see while we were there since Garytt got sick. So, hopefully, while Garytt and I are back in September, we can meet up with a few more people.

No comments: