The boys were immediately pulled towards the trains area. They loved it!
Justin convinced Garytt to go explore a few other areas of the museum but Westyn was determined to stay and play with the trains.
Garytt came back over to the train area where they also had some construction worker dress up clothes.
It took a little work but we convinced Westyn to go check out the water play area outside before it was time to leave.
Then it was time to "fly" to the car.
The boys were excited that it didn't take long to get from the museum to the stockyards. Look at this happy cowboy!
We arrived a little bit before the cattle drive, so we did some exploring.
We could see the cattle getting ready, so we went to find a spot to watch.
Cattle drive!
The cattle drive was pretty quick. We took the opportunity to take a few pictures in the street while traffic was stopped. Garytt was really not into the pictures.
It was time to explore the shopping and dining area of the stockyards to get a snack. And what snack do you get in Texas? Blue Bell Ice Cream of course!
(Side note: You probably notice some black and white or color select pictures of both the cattle drive and the ice cream eating. Somehow I accidentally changed my phone camera settings to this during the cattle drive. I have no idea how I did it and really just kept pushing buttons until it went back to normal. Now, I'm kind of sad that I don't know how to switch it on when I want to because some of those pictures turned out pretty cool.)
After some ice cream, the boys wanted to ride a few of the mechanical rides in the stockyard area.
We enjoyed our adventure to the Fort Worth Stockyards!
No comments:
Post a Comment