In August, we decided to "move" Westyn into the big boy room with Garytt. Westyn still naps in his old room but we decided we would test the waters with them sharing a room. This was inspired by two things. 1. I have been dying to put out the new quilt that my mom made for Westyn. It coordinates with Garytt's but is different and so cute! 2. We wanted to see if we could get them used to sharing a room in time for our travel to Disney in November so they wouldn't be so crazy that they break a lamp or something (not that they would ever do anything like that...). The boys were pretty excited about putting Westyn's new bed together.
Sadly it didn't take long to go from this...
To this...
So, Westyn's bed is still missing the headboard because we keep forgetting to get the hardware for it (although I have had the actual headboard that matches Garytt's since I bought Garytt's). And we still battle the boys having way too much fun in the room when it is supposed to be bed time. We are constantly going in to remind them that jumping on the beds is not ok. When I talked to Garytt about it, he says they just "can't help it" because they just love to play together so they can't sleep.
Well, bonus for honesty and bonus for brotherly love....but we have just recently changed bedtimes for the boys. Now, Westyn goes to bed a half hour before Garytt and that allows Westyn to be completely asleep before Garytt comes in. It's working well now...I just hope it continues!
Garytt continued gymnastics classes at Tiger Academy in August.
Some fun times at the end of summer.
I asked Westyn to pick up his blocks...he put them down his shirt...boy oh boy...
The Mizzou Financial Aid department did the Ice Bucket Challenge. The boys and I went out to watch...they thought it was so funny to see Justin get water poured on him.
Garytt started doing some speech therapy session at 7am on Monday mornings. Rather than trying to wrangle both boys, Westyn now goes to work with Justin for a few minutes on Mondays. He thinks he is big stuff.
So, we were missing a few toys, and Justin decided to do a little video investigating...apparently the boys open the vents and shove toys in there when I am not looking.
Who says watching TV isn't active?
Ok, so maybe not always that active.
No comments:
Post a Comment