1.03.2013
Christmas Eve
We drove back to Columbia on Christmas Eve afternoon. Fortunately, both boys napped pretty well during our trip. Once we made it back to Columbia, it was time to grab a quick bite to eat and then get ready for church.
We took our obligatory pre-mass picture in front of the tree. Of course, we didn't have anyone to take the picture, so we set the timer. Unfortunately, it was just a little bit blurry. Oh well.

After church, we got the boys ready for bed. Then, we had them come back downstairs to prepare the milk and cookies for Santa. (Did I mention that baking was one of the things on my list that didn't get done this year...yeah, Santa had vanilla Oreos instead of homemade cookies...sorry Santa!)

I told Garytt he could set out four cookies for Santa...so he was very careful to count them out!

Then we set the milk and cookies by the fireplace so Santa would be sure to see them! Both boys look pretty excited!

Garytt double checked to be sure all the cookies were there.

Just then Grandma and Grandpa arrived...Garytt couldn't contain his excitement...he jumped up and started dancing!

Westyn and I watched Garytt's awesome dance moves.

Then Westyn got in on the dance action.

After the initial excitement of Grandma and Grandpa's arrival, Garytt showed them the cookies for Santa.

Then it was time to say "Good-Bye" to our Elf, Melchior. He was hanging out in Garytt stocking so that he could hitch a ride with Santa.

Finally, off to bed they went. I was surprised that they both went to sleep fairly quickly considering all the excitement. I'm sure they dreamed of Sugarplum Fairies...or something like that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment