1.28.2013

Westyn's Daily Activities

Westyn is a very busy little boy these days. I haven't mentioned it yet but Westyn started standing on his own officially on Christmas Day. However, I have yet to catch him in a photo standing unsupported. Since then, he has also started walking with assistance. (He only needs to hold on to one of my fingers.) He has even taken a few unassisted steps!

I don't think he is too worried about walking on his own yet, though. He is too busy climbing EVERYTHING! He spends a lot of his day crawling and climbing! He really keeps me on my toes! He recently decided that it is really fun to climb into his rocking chair and rock it while standing up. (Yes, it gives me a small heart attack every time but I try to let him explore his surroundings by staying within rescue distance of him.)

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 
So, I will have to try to get a video of this rocking adventure as well because it is pretty entertaining.

Westyn has also started developing an interest in building with blocks. He, of course, has been playing with blocks for a while, but that mostly consisted of banging them together or transferring them from one bucket to another.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 
I did manage to get a few videos of him building towers.

 
It is neat to watch Westyn develop these new skills.  Of course, he has a great big brother to learn from!

No comments: