We celebrated Thanksgiving in Topeka this year. My mom and dad hosted and we were blessed to celebrate with some of our extended family, too!
My dad and Garytt immediately started the new tradition of football prior to lunch.
Here's a video of the action!
Grandma and Westyn watched.
My mom had the table nicely decorated when we arrived, including a fruit turkey.
Everyone seemed to enjoy the Thanksgving meal.
I think Westyn may have enjoyed it the most!
Westyn had to be taken straight from the dinner table to the bath! He was a mess but he enjoyed every bite!
Garytt, on the other hand, enjoyed his piece of pie with Grandpa more than he liked the actual turkey...I can't say I blame him.
After lunch, the guys went back outside for a little bit more football. Grandpa is teaching Garytt to run with the ball and spike it for a touchdown.
Then we put the boys down for a much needed and and we cleared the table for a game of cards.
Before the game was over, the boys woke up from their nap, so they "helped."
We had a great time visiting with family, eating turkey, and playing cards. It was great to see everyone!
The next morning, the boys enjoyed playing at Grandma and Grandpa's while Justin and I went out for a little Black Friday shopping.
This is a video of Garytt playing with his "happy cars." I'm not sure why he calls them that other than they have happy faces drawn on the trucks. But they are pretty fun because he can put the track together and then watch it go through all the obstacles.
Finally, this is a video of the boys playing together...obviously sharing is still an issue.
We had a great Thanksgiving weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment