12.14.2012

An Opryland Christmas Experience

The second day of our trip in Nashville, Stacey had a full day of work.  So the boys and I had some had some down time.  Then we planned to pick Stacey up from work and head to the Grand Opryland Hotel for some Christmas fun, including a train ride! 

On the way to pick Stacey up, the boys and I stopped by a bargain store Stacey had mentioned.  She told me several of her co-workers had gotten really good deals on electronics, so I thought I would check it out.  I didn't find anything electronic, but I did get a great deal on a sit and stand double stroller for the boys!  The stoller was less than half the cost of the same stoller on Amazon!  And the best part is Garytt LOVES it...he mostly likes standing but if he gets tired, he can choose to sit instead.  It's great! 

We headed out to pick Stacey up and go to the Opryland hotel. I was excited to show Stacey my big purchased once we parked.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 
Then we headed to the front entrance of the hotel. They had a beautiful nativity scene on one section of the front lawn, so we walked over there first.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 
The front entrance was very grand with all the Christmas lights. My picture doesn't really do it justice.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 
We headed inside to go check out the Jolly Town Square exhibit, which was a free exhibit that included Santa, Mrs. Claus, and a train. This was a huge FAIL on my part! I had talked up the train ride and Garytt was so excited...only we arrived just as it was closing...we actually watched the very last train ride of the night...are you kidding?! So, apparently, when I looked up the information about this great event, I didn't read that it closes at 7pm!

Needless to say, Garytt was disappointed but he handled it pretty well. So, we walked around the other areas of the hotel to check out the Christmas lights, which is another thing Garytt is very excited about this holiday season!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 
Along the way, we found a couple of fun statues. The boys weren't too sure about these guitar playing horses!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 
Stacey played games in the stroller with the boys in between the various rooms in the hotel.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 
The lights in all the areas of the hotel were really impressive.
 
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 
The nutcraskers inside held directional signs, which was nice, except they often led you to non-handicap accessible (and thus non-stroller accessible) areas. So, we spent a lot of time wandering around looking for ramps and elevators.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 
We eventually decided that it was time to head out. We waved to the nutcrackers outside as we left.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 
Although it wasn't the evening I had in mind, the lights were beautiful and it was fun to walk around such an impressive hotel.

No comments: