12.28.2012

Snow!

The week before Christmas we had our first winter storm here in Missouri.  We ended up getting around an inch of snow and Garytt was really excited about it!  During the whole snow storm he kept asking to go outside to play in the snow.  The problem was that it was really windy and I didn't think Westyn would enjoy it that much.

Once the snow stopped and the wind died down a little, I put Garytt's big coat and snow boots on so he could go play out on the deck.  Since our deck has no stairs down to the yard, it's kind of like a big out door play pen...which means that Westyn and I could watch Garytt and Ellie play out in the snow in the comfort of our warm house!  Awesome!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug




I did try to get Garytt to wear his big winter hat, too.  But when I asked him if he wanted to wear a hat, he asked for his Aggie hat.  I told him that wouldn't be very warm and tried to put on his winter hat.  He insisted on wearing the Aggie hat instead...and when he put it on, he turned to me and said "Warm hat, Mom."  Alrighty, then.

Unfortunately, there wasn't really enough snow to go out and build a snowman or go sledding.  And it didn't stick around that long.  So, Garytt's snow fun was pretty limited this December, but he did have a great time that afternoon!

No comments: