But, as it turned out, there were a lot of good football games on TV. So, I went out to pick up lunch from Lee's Famous Chicken...Justin's favorite local chicken restaurant. We decided to picnic in our basement so as not to miss any of the football action. Thankfully we thought to put an actual picnic blanket down under Garytt because he was a bit of a mess! But he enjoyed the picnic lunch, especially his corn on the cob!
Westyn enjoyed his bottle with Grandma.
After a while, we had the traditional birthday celebration of presents and dessert. Justin isn't a huge fan of cake, so he requested pies...three pies to be exact. I guess that's one pie for every decade. So, we had a choice of pumpkin pie, chocolate pie, or apple pie.
Of course, we sang "Happy Birthday" but Garytt couldn't take his eyes off the chocolate pie...
Until Grandpa started singing and clapping along. Both boys look amazed by Grandpa's signing ability!
After pies, Justin and I did go out for a bit by ourselves...we went to Best Buy to shop for Justin's big birthday gift. He had been really indecisive about what he wanted, which is why I didn't have his big gift on hand. But he ended up finding what he wanted and it was easier to let him play with all the options in person rather than just picking something for him.
So, although there aren't many pictures, I think Justin had a good day! He got to watch football for almost the whole day, eat fried chicken and pie, and pick out a new gadget! Turning 30 didn't hurt too much!
No comments:
Post a Comment