Saturday, Sept. 22 we scheduled a local moving company to move our furniture from the townhome into our new house. It was also the day of the University of Missouri South Farm Open House, which looked like it would be a fun activity for Garytt. So, my mom offered to come to town to help out with the boys while Justin and I handled the movers.
As it turned out, Justin was able to handle the movers by himself and I was able to go with my mom and the boys to the open house.
First, we saw some dogs herding ducks.
While that was interesting, it didn't keep Garytt attention very long. So, we decided to wander around and see what else was out there.
We found a place to get his face painted. I had my camera all ready but he really wasn't too sure about the whole thing, so I had to hold his hands while she painted his face. I did get a picture right at the end though.
Then we were off to check out the corn maze.
He wasn't too keen on the corn touching him. And we decided that the corn maze could be fairly difficult, so we turned around and came back out the entrance.
They were offering free hay rack rides, so Garytt and I went on a tractor ride while my mom and Westyn hung out for a bit. (This isn't the actual tractor we were on...so don't squint too hard trying to find us on there.)
I didn't realize that the tractor ride was more than just a fun ride, it was actually a shuttle from the entrance area of the open house back to the barn where they had horses and a cow you could milk. Garytt and I opted not to get off at the barn this year since my mom and Westyn were waiting on us and we didn't want them to think we go lost. We'll have to check that out next year!
My mom and Westyn were waiting for us over by the kiddie hay maze. So, we let Garytt try that. He loved it!
The hay maze was a little tricky for him the first time. But he quickly got the hang of it and he went through it four times! He would have kept going except we convinced him we needed to go pet some baby animals.
We started by petting the baby goats.
Then we worked our way around the tent to the baby camel. The camel was lying down when we first approached, but then he seemed to have an itch on his foot and got up rather suddenly. Garytt was pretty close when the camel got up, so I pulled him back and I think the whole thing really startled him. He didn't want to pet the camel, he just stared at him.
We decided that it was time to head home after all the excitement in the petting area. I think next year we will plan to go a little earlier so we can stay longer. But there was no doubt that it was time to head home and let the boys rest.
Of course, when we got back to the house, there were tons of boxes and such waiting for us to unpack. Justin was finished with the movers by then and he had already started working on the house.
Thankfully my mom was here to entertain the boys for most of the weekend, so Justin and I could get some things done.
While I was unpacking some kitchen things, I saw Garytt and my mom outside playing baseball. So, I took a few pictures of them having fun in the front yard.
We were able to get most of the basic stuff unpacked while my mom was in town but we are by no means unpacked and settled yet. But we are happy to be moved in! And we enjoyed our adventure out to MU South Farm!
No comments:
Post a Comment