10.24.2012

Play-Doh Preschool

Monday, October 8, was the first time I allowed Garytt to play with Play-Doh.  I know, it is sad that he is two and a half and just now experiencing Play-Doh.  Although, in my defense, the package does say 3+.  It's not that I actually think a two year old can't handle playing with it as much as I don't really love the mess involved with it.

But, the week before, while browsing Pinterest, I found some cute printable pages that use Play-Doh for learning and counting.  So, I printed them off and had them laminated...and took the plunge to allow Garytt to play with the Play-Doh set that he got for his second birthday.

Of course, he loved it!  He did a great job of putting the leaves on the tree for the giraffe.  Then we counted the leaves.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug




Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I thought we would be done playing with the Play-Doh before Westyn woke up from his morning nap, but that didn't work out.  So, I put Westyn in his chair while Garytt finished playing.  You can see we moved from putting leaves on a tree to putting apples on a tree.  Westyn looks pretty interested in the Play-Doh too!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


After doing several directed exercises with counting using our new Play-Doh placemats, I let Garytt do some free play before cleaning up (which I have to mention wasn't too bad because he was pretty neat with it...good job G!).

Of course, Garytt was eager to tell his dad all about the Play-Doh after work that evening.  So, the next weekend, Justin got in on some of the Play-Doh action and took some pictures as well.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug







I really like using these sheets during our preschool time during the day.  I am not willing to get it out every day but we do it about once a week now and it is great for his counting and dexterity...and best of all, it's fun!

No comments: