3.10.2012

What A Day!

We knew this past Thursday was going to be a busy day. Unfortunately, it included nothing we had planned and everything we didn't plan.

The morning started off badly with the 6 am feeding for Westyn when he prjectile vomited three times in a row covering me, him, my bed...everyone and everything must be washed immediately!

Now, with Garytt's history of GERD (reflux), I have been watching for signs that Westyn might also have this problem. However, I had convinced myself that his crying and fussiness was so much less than Garytt at this age, that he was probably ok. Well, that morning, I decided he needed to be checked out.

So, I called the doctor and the only appointment they had available was at 9:10 in the morning. The good news was that everyone had already gotten cleaned up after the exorcist-like incident that morning. The bad news was that I had planned to go to Wiggles and Giggles (which goes from 9:30-11) with some friends and let Garytt run around.

Off to the doctor we go! After speaking with the doctor, he felt strongly that with our family history and because of the projectile vomit that morning that we needed to take Westyn in for an ultrasound to rule out pyloric stenosis (which would require surgery). So, that was scheduled for 12:30pm...just enough time for me to get home with the boys and feed Garytt lunch.

Justin actually decided to come home and stay with Garytt while he napped or else he would be way too cranky that evening. So, I took Westyn to the hospital to get the ultrasound. It took a while and didn't make Westyn happy at all and then the results were "borderline." So, the conclusion is that we will treat his as though he "just" has GERD and if he continues to have projectile vomiting, we will redo the ultrasound.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Never thought I would hope for GERD, but didn't want to take this little sweetie into surgery!


So, off to Target pharmacy we went! Wow! It was crazy busy in there for a Thursday afternoon...strange! They told us that it would be at least 20 minutes before his script was ready for the Zantac. Rather than wait, I decided to head home so that Justin could go back in to work.

We got home around 3 pm, just as Garytt was waking up from his afternoon nap. So, we hung out and did our normal afternoon stuff. Then Justin was supposed to take Garytt to the Head Start in Appleton for the Dads/Kids group that they attend once a month and I was supposed to go to my Moms Night Out.

Well, I was just so beat after running around all day and I still had to run to Target to get the script that I ditched the MNO group (sorry girls!) for this month. I know it seems like I probably needed a night out but I really just wanted some me time and not to be running all over creation and wondering how long Westyn can last before I have to feed him again since I don't like to feed in public.

So, I thought it would be a quick trip to Target...wrong again. Although at 2:30 pm I was told it would be 20 minutes for them to fill Westyn's script, when I arrived at 6 pm, it was still not ready...apparently it was some sort of computer "glitch"...isn't it always? Yeah, I was so ready to go home.

Then I got a phone call from Justin that the person never showed up to open the doors to Head Start (this happened last month too)! Well, isn't that par for the course today?! Anyhow, I guess the coordinator of the dad's group did have a back-up plan this time, so they all headed over to a place called Wild Air for some play time.

Justin said that it was similar to Monkey Joe's only not quite as good. But Garytt had fun anyway! Justin was able to get a few pictures from his cell phone.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug











Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


I am glad that Garytt got to have some fun that evening! All of us were worn out that night!

No comments: