Well, that didn't work as well as I had hoped. Garytt didn't even try to go to sleep in his car seat until after 10 pm. Then, since I had to stop and feed Westyn every few hours, it was hard for Garytt to stay asleep. However, Justin and I had the exact opposite problem...we had a hard time staying awake.
Anyhow, we arrived at my parents' house around 6:30 am on Friday morning...just about the time Garytt normally wakes up...perfect. We fed Garytt his breakfast and he quickly made himself at home and Grandma and Granpa's house...he even stole Grandpa's chair.
In Grandpa's chair...still looking a bit sleepy.
Unfortunately, there wasn't really time for me to take a nap when we arrived in Topeka because I had to get things ready for Garytt's birthday party the following day.
While I started baking cakes and cupcakes, Garytt "helped" Grandma wash the sliding glass door to remove all the smudges from the dogs.
Later in the day, Grandma and Garytt took a short walk and picked a flower for me on the way home.
After the baking was all done, it was time to decorate the Elmo cake and some cookies for the party. I did as much as I could but it soon became obvious that I was going to have to recruit some help if I was going to get it all done in time. So, Justin and my mom helped with the cookies and my mom helped with the cupcakes.
After a long evening, we finally finished all the decorating...it was time for bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment