12.07.2017

2017 Pinewood Derby

Garytt participated in his first Pinewood Derby race in February 2017. Justin worked with Garytt through the process of preparing his car but Justin was out of town for the actual derby. So, I took Garytt to the derby. The instructions said to arrive at 8 a.m. We walked in a checked his car right in.


As it turned out, there was like an hour for last minute alterations to the cars, for which we had none. So, he got a donut and then we waited...a long time.


I had some time to get pictures in front of the track.


Finally, it was time to get the derby started. When it was time for the Tiger den to race, they got to sit in the special viewing area. All three Tigers were pretty excited.


Garytt's car came in second in most of the heats.


His car did come in first in one heat. I missed the picture of the car crossing the line but I did get a picture of his name in first place on the leader board.


Tigers were all smiles after their races.


As it turned out, Garytt earned enough points to be in the whole pack finals. He was pretty excited to find that out. He and his buddy, Henry, watched the finals pretty closely.


In the end, Garytt didn't advance very far in the finals. But I was proud that he made it into the finals on his first derby try! He did win 2nd place in the Tiger den.


His buddy, Henry, won 1st place in the den. They were both pretty happy!

No comments: