I volunteered to help out at one of the stations this year. Ms. Val had me help one of the other moms at the face painting station...yikes! She apparently is under some misunderstanding that since I am "crafty" at times, that equals "artistic." Oh boy!
Westyn was my first
Here I am hard at work on one of Westyn's friends.
When Garytt's class came to the face painting station, he got in line behind Luke. After seeing me do Luke's face, he went to get in line with Ms. Rebecca. True story!
Ms. Rebecca does nice work...Garytt showed off his spider.
It didn't seem to matter to the kids because they were all excited to get their faces painted and see each other afterwards.
While I worked the face painting station, the classes all rotated to various other stations. They made apple butter, did a version of musical chairs, had a snack station, a sensory table, a bean bag toss, and pumpkin decorating.
This year the kids decorated their pumpkins with tissue paper and mod podge. They had a great time and were very proud of their pumpkins!
The other favorite station was the tractor ride. And, fortunately, the face painting station was done early enough that I managed to ride with both of the boys!
Of course the day wouldn't be complete without a group photo...with probably less than half this kids looking...haha.
Pretty soon the fun had to end and the kids headed back inside for some lunch.
I'm so glad I was able to join the boys for such a fun morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment