11.05.2014

Garytt as Olaf

As you may recall, Garytt performed in the show Wreck it Ralph back in February through the TRYPS program. He really enjoyed acting class. So, when we saw that the fall production for the 3-5 year old age range was Frozen, we signed him up again.

He really enjoys acting class. I think it gives him a great outlet to be silly and yet is still an organized group effort. The practices and performance are separated into three separate disciplines: singing, acting, and dancing. The TRYPS coordinators posted YouTube videos throughout the practice sessions because parents aren't allowed to stay for practices. Garytt told me his goal in the singing part was to be the loudest...and I think he accomplished that in several of the practice sessions.

 Acting and dancing practice on Sept. 13


Dancing, singing, and acting practice on Sept. 20


Dancing and acting practice on Sept. 27


Practice on Oct. 4


The kids were instructed to dress up as either princesses or princes. But Garytt really wanted to be Olaf. Grandma even sent him a pretty sweet Olaf hat and shirt. So, he was the only Olaf in his group, among lots and lots of Elsas and a few princes.

I have to note that Justin was out of town for work, which meant that I had a video recorder in one hand, the regular camera in the other, and Westyn on my lap...so, some of the pictures are a little blurry and I missed part of the beginning of the performance on video.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug  Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Here are my videos.


These are the performance videos from TRYPS. (Really the only difference is that I missed the first part of the first video and theirs is complete.)


And here's the final group shot at the end.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I have to say, I was so incredibly proud of Garyt! He was in a bit of a cranky mood that morning but he put that aside and did his performance. He was quieter during the performance than I had seen him during the practice videos and when he practiced at home but he did a great job and didn't get stage fright at all. He really tried to remember all his moves and lines. It was so fun to watch him!

No comments: