5.13.2013

Surprise! I'm Going to Be an Aunt!

When my whole family got together for Christmas this past year, my sister and her husband had a special little gift for my parents. Inside there was an avocado and a note that said that was about the size of their newest grandchild. I wish I had a picture of it because it was really a cute way to announce they are expecting.

Then, in February, they revealed the gender of their baby. Again, the reveal was really cute. They sent us a package in the mail and the boys (particularly Garytt) enjoyed being involved with the reveal process.
 
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Inside the box was a glittery egg and a note.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

So, we let Garytt try to crack the egg. (It turns out eggs are pretty sturdy.)


Even with all of his big muscles he couldn't break the egg.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

So, I asked him to go smash it on the tile floor. Unfortunately, I didn't get the video camera over there in time. But Justin got a few still shots.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Here is one more video of me trying to get Garytt to tell me what color the confetti is.


Baby Polok is a boy!

I am so excited to be an aunt and I'm sure the boys are excited to have a new cousin (well, they would be excited if they really understood that concept)! I have had to sit on this blog post for a while because Bec asked me to, which was hard for me for several reasons. First, I was very excited about the news! Second, it was such a cute way to reveal the gender! And last, I like to blog in order if at all possible...ha!

Baby Polok is due July 13th.  We can't wait to meet the little guy!

No comments: