4.15.2013

Tons of Trucks

On Wednesday, April 3, the boys and I decided to head to the park, despite the fact that it was a little chillier than I thought. At first, we had the neighborhood park to ourselves. Then, another mom and her two boys arrived. We got to chatting and she told me that right after the park they were going to Columbia Parks and Rec activity called Tons of Trucks. I was really glad she mentioned it because I thought it was the perfect thing for the boys to go to with Justin after dinner while I worked.

Justin agreed and packed up the boys and headed to the park where the city brought in all sorts of big trucks, tractors, helicopters, and police cars. Garytt had a great time climbing into all of the vehicles.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 
Some of the trucks were so tall, they had to bring in ladders for the kids to use to climb in them.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 
Apparently, Westyn spent a good amount of time picking things up off the ground.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 
Garytt was pretty excited to check out the school bus, too!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 
Garytt was pretty excited about this one...and then Westyn decided he wanted in on the action too.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
 
Justin said that it was really loud out there because all the kids were allowed to honk horns and run the sirens, which you can hear in these videos.

 
Since this is a yearly event through parks and rec,  I will have to mark our calendars for next year!

No comments: