Ok, so March seemed to just fly by. I felt like I didn't take many pictures other than at major events. Yet, I have a collection of very random pictures and videos that really don't warrant a dedicated blog post. So, here's to random collection of pictures from the month.
Early in the month, I woke up on Saturday and just decided I couldn't stand the tan in our master bedroom anymore! I know tan is a super popular color but it's just not my thing. Also, our comforter is goldish, which just didn't look good at all with the tan. So, I just decided, I'm painting! We wanted to do a damask stripe on the wall. So, I worked hard to get the base color done in flat. I really didn't want the bedroom torn up for weeks. However, we got hit with the stomach bug...no fun! So, it did take a few weeks to get to the second stage but we did eventually get the stripes done.
I really like the way the stripes turned out. I still have to put up curtains, and finish decorating. But, seriously, I am much happier with the blue walls!
Here's a picture of Garytt cuddled up watching some TV in between bouts of stomach problems.
In mid-March there were a few days of teasingly nice weather. Justin took the boys outside and let them play during the evening a few times. Westyn enjoyed exploring in the yard.
We've played a few games of hide and seek.
We've cooked in Elmo's kitchen.
We've had some breakdowns.
We've seen some smiles.
We've done a few puzzles.
We've had some bath time fun. (The first video shows Westyn's new thing...when Justin tries to get him out of the bath, he dives deeper in the water. I guess both boys like bath time!)
The Tickle Monster came to visit a few times...but sometimes the Tickle Monster turns into a Tackle Monster.
Westyn's favorite TV show right now is Little Einsteins. I really like the show because it exposes kids to music and art (two things I appreciate but am terrible at). It also has the kids do interactive motions. So, when the rocket launches, the kids are supposed to help power up rocket by patting on their lap and then raising their hands during blast off. Westyn has recently started participating in the motions...and he's pretty proud of himself!
I mentioned in a previous blog that Westyn's first tooth started coming in at Ashley's wedding. Well, he has since started getting three more poppin through. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten a good picture of those little teeth because he is still fascinated with rubbing his tongue over them.
Garytt went to the doctor for his 3 year check-up a few days after his birthday. This was the first time he had to actually change into a hospital gown for his appointment. He was so funny...he called it his super cape...such a boy!
Westyn has also become quite the walker this month. He took his first official steps right at Christmas. However, he was a little slow to really take off. He has really gained his balance and is walking much better now.
He still mostly walks with his hands up in the air...but I can see his is gaining confidence and won't have to do that too much longer.
Westyn's new ability to walk, also means he is into everything. He is especially interested in walking to the stairs and climbing. I'm constantly redirecting him.
And Garytt keeps me on my toes, too! Look at this face...he's definitely up to something!
No comments:
Post a Comment