Of course, I couldn't be totally left out of the birthday celebration. I had saved a few cupcakes from the party so he would get birthday cake on his actual birthday. After dinner, we put some candles in a cupcake and sang Happy Birthday again. (Yes, he wore his hat all day...that boy loves hats!)
4.01.2013
Happy 3rd Birthday Garytt
Although we had a great train inspired party over the weekend that was lots of fun, we wanted to do something special on Garytt's real birthday as well. So, Monday, March 25, I woke Garytt up a little bit early and got him all ready to go out for a special birthday breakfast with Justin. Despite it being early in the morning, Garytt was excited and dancing in the hallway. (Check out the train t-shirt!)

As I mentioned in the previous post, the midwest was hit by a late snow storm. Thus, he had to get in his winter coat and snow boots before he left. He also got a quick drink of milk too.

Justin took Garytt for breakfast at Starbucks. He allowed him to pick out his breakfast, which he went for lemon cake. (I had hoped Justin would stear him towards a muffin or other morning food item but the reality is the sugar content is probably about the same.) I was also surprised to see in the pictures that he didn't get a hot chocolate but Justin said he asked him and he wanted apple juice. Garytt looks pretty happy with his breakfast choice of lemon cake and apple juice.

When he saw Justin's coffe cup, he thought the Starbucks symbol looked like a princess...too funny.

After their breakfast, they drove over to the Mizzou campus where I was waiting to pick up Garytt before Justin went to work. I think he really liked his special breakfast with his dad!
Of course, I couldn't be totally left out of the birthday celebration. I had saved a few cupcakes from the party so he would get birthday cake on his actual birthday. After dinner, we put some candles in a cupcake and sang Happy Birthday again. (Yes, he wore his hat all day...that boy loves hats!)

Garytt is a proud 3 year old...he loves to show you on his fingers how old he is. He does it a bit unconventionally though.

After cake, I had one little present left for him to open. His birthday wouldn't be complete without a Chuggintong train to add to his collection!

After dinner, Garytt was allowed a little time to play with his new InnoTab2, which is a kids tablet. He was really interested in the e-book.
After a fun day, Garytt put on his train pajamas and showed us again how old his is now. By the looks in his eyes, the sugar may still be having an effect on him.

Happy Birthday to my train loving, hat wearing, boot scootin' 3 year old!
Of course, I couldn't be totally left out of the birthday celebration. I had saved a few cupcakes from the party so he would get birthday cake on his actual birthday. After dinner, we put some candles in a cupcake and sang Happy Birthday again. (Yes, he wore his hat all day...that boy loves hats!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Such sweet pictures! He is getting so big so fast!
Post a Comment