We are taking our first family vacation to Disney World in early May. So, in order to expose the boys to a few more characters, we have been doing Disney dinner and movie nights for the past few weeks.
We started with a movie that he used to love but we haven't watched recently: Finding Nemo. I started the fun with a little fish counting project for Garytt. He had to put the correct number of fish crackers into the boxes. It was challenging for him not to eat them as he went but he managaged. (However, lesson learned...make boxes for crackers bigger...by the end it was just a bunch of crackers all over.)
Westyn watched the cracker fun from Justin's arms.
After Garytt finished his counting practice, he was allowed to eat the crackers. Then it was time for dinner. We made a little menu card.
We made "Anemonae and Cheese", which included a few fish crackers. We also had "Aquarium Jello", which included some Sweedish Fish swimming around. I also fixed some crackers with bologna shaped like a fish.
Ok, both boys LOVED the dinner! They were a bit of a mess afterwards!
The next movie theme was Sleeping Beauty.
As you see, the menu included "Spinning Wheel Pizzas," which we had Garytt prepare. We just had little English muffins and some squeeze pizza sauce. He was very serious about his pizza making!
While the pizzas baked, Garytt helped make the "Blue Fairy Juice," which he was super excited about!
We also had "Berries in a Basket" and "Prince's Magic Kisses".
Dinner was another success!
Ok, so I admit that I used Pinterest to come up with the majority of those dinner ideas. I did add a few extra touches but mostly I
stole borrowed the ideas. However, when it was time to plan the dinner for Pinnochio, there really weren't many resources on Pinterest. I guess some of the classic movies aren't as popular anymore. So, I was left to my own devices and this is what I came up with.
I have to say I was pretty proud of myself for noticing that a corndog would look a lot like Pinocchio's growing nose. Garytt and even pretended it was a nose.
So, dinner was a success but my craft project was a flop. I printed off pictures of each of the main characters for Garytt to color. Then we were going to make them into bag puppets. I don't know if it was because he hadn't yet seen the movie or he just wasn't up for coloring, but he kind of just stared at the pictures...so, yeah, no puppets were made.
As it turns out, Pinnochio is one of his favorite movies!
I still hope to be able to do a few more Disney dinner and a movie nights with the boys before we go to Disney World! It's been fun for everyone!
1 comment:
I like the idea of themed movie nights. We might have to "borrow" some of those ideas. :) Have fun at Disney!
Post a Comment