1.14.2012

No Time Like Snow Time!

Oshkosh finally got a dose of winter weather this past week. This winter has been extremely mild thus far. (You won't hear me complaining about that!) We have only had a few dustings of snow prior to this week. The snow started on Thursday morning and continued until late morning on Friday. It was a long snow storm and I have to say that I am glad that we only ended up with around 4-5 inches...it could have been a lot worse! (And I'm also glad that baby boy decided to stay put for the duration of the storm!)

We received just enough snow to make it fun for Garytt to go explore. Friday after is quit snowing, I got him all bundled up in his snow suit (which I got for a total steal at $7 at the end of last season). I also bundled up as best I could. It turns out that Justin has a pair of ski bibs that have a zipper in the belly region...yup, too bad no one was around to take my picture because I totally wore the ski bibs but couldn't zip them up...cute!





And off we went to explore that fabulous white stuff!











I wasn't sure if Garytt would enjoy being outside in the cold and playing in the snow. He actually really liked walking around in the snow! Here are a few videos of him exploring.







He ended up enjoying the snow so much that he didn't want to go inside. I finally convinced him to take a break and go inside for a while to warm back up. He had a bit of hat hair when we got all of his snow gear off.



Of course, Justin was bummed that he didn't get to play outside with Garytt in the snow. So, today Justin bundled up and took Garytt out to play.





Justin tried to pack the snow into a ball but this snow isn't a very packable snow. So, he ended up just tossing snow at Garytt. Garytt thought that was pretty funny.









Here is a video of Garytt actually asking Justing to do throw snow "again."



Then Justin got the bright idea to make a snow angel with Garytt. First, Justin got down and made a snow angel to show Garytt how to do it. Then he "helped"...also known as forced Garytt to make one. Here is a video of that.



And here are a few pictures of the snow angel process.


Making a snow angel



Inspecting their work


Ellie was outside with us during this whole time as well. Justin tried to get Ellie to come over and play with them but she was really not into it. I am pretty sure she thinks we are crazy for actually staying outside for any length of time during this cold weather. So, she mostly stayed perched on the deck waiting for the first sign that someone would let her back inside.


Ellie looking for someone to come rescue her from the cold



Garytt trying to get Ellie to come play


Here is a video of Garytt and Justin trying to get Ellie to come play.



The guys had a great time playing in the snow!



No comments: