1.07.2012

A Beautiful January Day

The temperature here in Oshkosh was just over 40 degrees on Friday. I just can't get over how mild the temperatures have been this winter...I know, I know I shouldn't jinx it...but, seriously, who would have thought that it would be this warm in January in Wisconsin?!

I had an appointment with my OB on friday morning, so Justin stayed home with Garytt. They decided to enjoy the mild weather by playing outside.









Garytt is still trying to master riding his tricycle. It was nice to allow him to try riding it outside. We didn't expect to be able to do that until around April!

On a side note, the OB appointment went well. Baby boy looks like he is still happily hanging out and will hopefully continue to do so for another couple of weeks.

When I returned from my appointment, Justin went to work and Garytt and I resumed our normal daily activities. One of the "chores" that we have introduced to Garytt is feeding the dog. Now, obviously, he is way too young to handle this by himself. He does help me scoop the food out with a cup and he takes it carefully with both hands and pours it into Ellie's bowl. Then he points to her water bowl and shows me where to get the water. I started doing this several weeks ago and he just loves helping out! He is very funny after we feed her because he always stands there and waits for her to eat a little before he leaves. It's very cute.


Proud of his work



Watching Ellie





Inspecting the water that Ellie spilled while drinking


During his afternoon play time, we also went outside and I let him ride his tricycle again. It was just too hard to resist being able to play comfortably outside in January!

Justin chose Garytt's outfit for the day since I was at my appointment. He dressed Garytt very appropriately in Kansas State gear as the Cotton Bowl was on that evening. He did put Garytt's Aggie cap on though...we have to show our Aggie Pride!



Ironically, when Justin came home from work, I asked if he planned to watch the game. He had no idea that the Cotton Bowl was on that evening or that KSU was playing...apparently he had just chosen the K-State jersey at random that morning when he dressed Garytt.

We did watch the game and cheered for K-State. Garytt only got to watch the very beginning before it was time for bed. But I did manage to take a few more pictures of him sporting his KSU gear while playing and watching the game.











The only thing that would have made the day better would have been a Wildcat win.

No comments: