1.11.2012

Garytt Moves to His New Room

We had hoped to transition Garytt into his new room over the weekend...but, yeah, that didn't happen. I find that my energy level just isn't what it was, and I didn't get motivated enough to mop the room over the weekend. I did finally get the floor mopped and the basics of the room prepared.

Typically after dinner, we will play in the living room as a family for a while. Last night we decided to play in Garytt's new room to help him become comfortable in the space before going to sleep in there.

We started by bringing in some puzzles and toys from the nursery for him to play with and put into his new toy bin.


Playing with the empty bins



Filling up the bins and playing with toys


As you will be able to tell in the following videos, Garytt really didn't have a problem warming up to the room. He had an absolute blast playing in his new room, especially since there was enough room for Ellie to play with him as well. I just love these videos because Garytt's laugh is infectious!





Ellie seemed like she was done chasing the ball. So, Justin started rolling a toy turtle to Garytt. We were trying to teach Garytt to roll it back but as you will see in the videos, he didn't want to let go of the turtle.







After that, it was time to pick up the toys and go get a bath. Garytt did a good job picking up and putting the toys into the bins.



Here are a few pictures of the room after it was all picked up and ready for Garytt to go to bed.









As you can tell, the room needs art work on the walls and curtains for the windows. Also, the dresser still needs knobs and I plan to recover the rocking chair in some fun Dr. Seuss material.

I did plan to have a lot more done by now but we couldn't wait any longer to move Garytt over to the new room because I am now 36 weeks pregnant with baby boy #2, which is officially farther along that I was when I delivered Garytt. So, I feel like I could have baby boy any day now!

The great news is that Garytt transitioned to the new room so easily. He slept through the night with no problem and has actually preferred to go into his room rather that the nursery all day today! He is such an easy going kid! (I hope that quality will make for an easy transition to being a big brother in the near future!)

1 comment:

J.S. Downing said...

Cute room! I love the Dr. Seuss theme! I have been thinking about you and your fam as you prepare for Baby Brown #2. Keep us posted!