Ok, so I had a little breakdown about the color. (I'm totally allowed a breakdown at 32 weeks pregnant though, right?!?) It's really not what I thought it was going to be, and last weekend I was determined to repaint it. Although it wasn't really the color he was expecting it to be, Justin actually likes the color and really didn't want to repaint it...but then again, he's really not into painting.
I decided to let the color stay for the week to see how I felt about it later. I even taped up the scraps of material from the quilt my mom is making for the Dr. Seuss themed room to see if that helped the color grow on me.
Paint on the wall...corners and cutting in not complete
The scraps of material hanging on the wall for inspiration
So, this weekend, I decided that I don't love the color, but we are getting really time pressed and I can always changed the color later. It is still possible that once the wall decor is up and there is more furniture in the room, I could live with this wall color. So, for now, we are keeping it.
Justin decided it would be best to go ahead and pull up the carpet in this room before I finished up the painting so we didn't get too much dust in the fresh paint from pulling the carpet up...smart thinking! So, he got to work on pulling more carpet up...really, we are almost done with carpet pulling...I think...
As always, removing the carpet was such an improvement to the room! I will say that even though not all of the seams in the drywall are great (in fact, there are a couple pretty bad ones...strategic placement of pictures and furniture will help that hopefully), the room is much brighter with the panelling and dark carpet removed!
Then it was my turn to go in the room and finish up the painting. I didn't really expect Justin to take pictures but he insisted that he get a picture of the big pregnant belly while I was painting...I know my outfit is awesome!!
Painting
Done painting
The other big project for the room, which was also started last weekend, is repainting the dresser that will be in the room. Justin had an old dresser from college that we decided would look better if we could paint it fun colors. I have gone back and forth about exactly how I wanted to paint it, but decided on a white dresser with colored drawers because it is bright and fun and takes less time than the other options I was considering...and time is key right now!
So, last weekend, Justin started by filling in the previous design in the drawers with wood fill and sanding it down.
This weekend we primed and started to paint it. Unfortunately, it will take several more coats of paint before it is finished (which we totally expected but had hoped to get farther on it this weekend). Here are a few pictures of the progress thus far.
Dresser and drawers are primed
Painting the first coat of white...not too much different from the primer
Me helping with the white paint
Time to add colors to the drawers
Three of the four drawers
There are actually four drawers to this dresser but we had a little issue with the red paint... Menards couldn't get a red mixed that I really liked...it was really more orange than red. The guy at the paint counter tried to convince me that it would dry red...but the other paint guy literally said, "Dude that is so orange!" Thank you! So, I left the paint there and will have to try a different avenue.
As always, our weekend was full of projects and we feel that we accomplished a lot...although my list was longer than the time allowed...ha!
Although this blog post is getting a bit long, I thought I would share a bit about the day in the life of Garytt. These are the simple moment in our days that I just love and try to cherish, as I know they won't last forever.
Garytt has recently decided that he can't get enough of coloring. I find that he is constantly asking me for his crayons and he is quite content to sit and color by himself...adorable.
Another funny habit that Garytt has developed is to "hide" in the corner when we bring Ellie in the house. She does usually bolt into the house like a crazy dog and he has been knocked over a few times. So, now we try to warn him and give him enough time to go "hide" in his safe spot.
Finally, Garytt always enjoys dancing. We recently discovered all the music channels available on our TV. So, throughout this hoilday season, I have just had holiday music playing in the background. Sometimes he dances to it and sometimes he goes about his normal play. We did get a video of his newest "dance" move recently. He decided to spin while holding his hands in the air. He thought it was great fun, but it did make him a little dizzy.
I just love his excitement about daily activities! He is so much fun and such a blessing!
I hope everyone takes a moment to enjoy some of the simple moments in their days during this last week before Christmas!
2 comments:
You're too hard on yourself - that room looks great! Pulling up the carpet makes it look like a totally new space. (I bet the blue grows on you, too ...)
I think its gonna be great Jen!
Now... is it safe to say that Garytt might be a little bit of a ham?!!! he takes after his great grandpa! too sweet.
Post a Comment