Here are a few pictures of our tree, stockings, and Santa's gifts before Garytt got to see them.
Although I didn't get to finish decorating the packages as I would have liked due to my unexpected tumble down the stairs thus causing me to end up on crutches for a few days, I did manage to get bows on a few packages. I am one of those crazy people who likes to have packages with bows and I really rarely use gift bags. It's my thing and I'm totally fine with it, even though I know most people really don't notice. Anyhow, here are a few packages that I was able to complete.
Of course, I couldn't wait for Garytt to come down the stairs with Dad to see the gifts under the tree. We put the book that my parents gave to him with Santa on the front on top of the rocking chair to help him get the whole concept of Santa leaving the gifts...I have no idea if it worked or not.
Garytt spent a good portion of the morning playing with his new tricycle from Santa. He really tried to master getting on and off of it. However, he mostly ended up sideways or backwards. He didn't seem to mind though.
We tried to teach him to pedal a little bit too but we will have to work on that a bit longer. He prefers to push it around or put things in the trunk at this point.
He did play a little bit with his rocking chair as well.
We managed to get Garytt to focus on opening a few gifts here and there but he kept going back to the tricycle.
We also took a few videos of him playing with some of his new toys.
I also like to get a picture with Garytt on Christmas morning while we are still in pajamas. This year it was a bit awkward because he didn't want to be picked up and between being 8 months pregnant and having an injured foot, it was challenging for me to bend down to his level. So, yeah, we ended up with this picture where I definitely don't look to comfortable...
Garytt had a great Christmas morning! He was probably a little overwhelmed with all the new toys. We decided to put him down for a late morning nap so that we could get our Christmas lunch ready by the time my family arrived! We wanted Garytt to be fully refreshed and ready for more fun by the time Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Becca, and Uncle Kyle made it to our house all the way from Kansas!
No comments:
Post a Comment