9.26.2011

Zippe Rehearsal Dinner

Garytt and I flew from Kansas City to Austin on Thursday, Sept. 8. A great friend from college, Jenn, and her son, Isaiah picked us up from the airport. I was so excited to get to see her and Isaiah (who is about 9 months old) since I hadn't seen them since Isaiah was born! Jenn, her husband Nick, and Isaiah were kind enough to let us stay with them for several days.

The next day was pretty relaxed until it was time to go to the Zippe rehearsal dinner. Actually, they were having dinner around 7:00, which is really way too late for Garytt to eat. So, we had dinner with the Downings (Jenn, Nick, and Isaiah) and then just made a quick appearance at the rehearsal dinner. Garytt was quite a hit, especially in his cowboy boots and hat!

Here are a few pictures at Jenn's house before we left. As you can see in the pictures, Garytt was battling a bit of a rash on his cheeks...I think it was due to the extreme dry air in Texas. I was able to get it to clear up eventuallly.







And here are a few pictures at the rehearsal dinner. I didn't take too many there because I had to chase him around most of the time.


Shira and Garytt



Me and Garytt (Bride and Groom in the background)


Although we could only stop by for a little bit since I had to get Garytt to bed, it was great to see everyone at the rehearsal dinner. The bride and groom looked happy and ready for their big day.

No comments: