10.15.2017

The Alamo and River Walk

After our lunch break, we finished our Mission Trail experience at The Alamo. This, of course, is the most famous of the missions and the most crowded.


They specifically request that you don't take pictures inside the Alamo. Honestly, it was too crowded inside to really do that anyway. Both the boys commented that this one didn't look like a church, which was true since the altar and pews were removed.

 The courtyard area had some cannons that interested the boys though.


Of course the most crowded part of the whole place was the gift shop. It did have a replica of the way the mission was set up back when it was an active mission.


Here's the whole group.


After visiting The Alamo, which was my least favorite of the missions, but one that you can't really skip since it is so famous, we headed across the way to the San Antonio River Walk.


If you have never been to the River Walk, it is a really neat experience. However, it is a very stressful experience with kids since there are absolutely no railing and the sidewalks in some areas are barely wide enough for two people to pass by each other. The boys did great but I think I gained a few extra gray hairs.

We decided to take one of the river boat tours to get a better look at everything along the river.


Garytt wanted to take a few pictures. He did a pretty good job, but I don't think the guy beside Justin was too sure about it.


And because San Antonio is a party city (seriously it will host a party for nearly any reason), we saw a big pep rally going on and a river boat parade. This was all in conjunction with the football game going on that upcoming weekend. So, we were able to see the CU and OSU bands.


After our river boat tour, it was almost time for dinner. Justin, the boys, and I had plans to meet up with my childhood friend for dinner.

The boys were a little restless when we were waiting for a table, so I let them take some pictures...they are a little crazy between the photographers and the lighting.


And this was Westyn's attempt at a selfie.


Once we got a table, dinner at the River Walk had really great ambiance.


I have known Lindsay since I was 5 years old. I know a lot of people have childhood friends they keep up with, but it is much more challenging when you meet as military children. We met in Wichita, KS. Then we went separate ways. Then both our dads were stationed in San Antonio at the same time. Then we went separate ways again. Then we both went to college in Texas...of course I picked Texas A&M and she went to that other school. But seriously, it was so awesome to be able to get together with her and her husband, Matt!

It was getting dark, so it was a bit challenging to get a good picture. This was the best we could do.

No comments: