10.20.2017

Happy New Year 2017

We arrived back in Kansas City on December 31st and drove to Topeka. We rang in the New Year with one final Christmas celebration. I don't know if it was me being tired from our trip or just absent minded, but I have no pictures of the four boys sitting nicely in front of the tree...which we do every year! Ahhh.

Anyhow, our Christmas exchange started with presents from Aunt B. We lost her in November but apparently when Grandma and Grandpa went up to Michigan to handle a few things for her estate, they got these gifts for the boys from her. They each received a Big Boy bank and some rolls of coins. I know they don't get it but it brought tears to my eyes when they opened them. I have so many memories growing up of getting a Big Boy burger with Aunt B when we would visit Michigan.


After the emotional gift exchange, we let the boys open the gifts that Santa left for them at Grandma and Grandpa's house.


Then the rest of the gifts were exchanged.


I didn't get many pictures this year but we definitely enjoyed our family time and a relaxed start to 2017.

No comments: