Of course we had to get a family selfie before we left the parking lot.

We arrived a little bit before the others, so we took the opportunity to get a picture on Grendel, the giant dino out in front of the cavern entrance.

I hopped up there for a picture too so I could lift Westyn up a little bit since it was a little hard to see him.

The boys are only a few years younger than my sister and I were back when we took a picture with Grendel.

It didn't take long before it was time for our cavern tour to start. Here's the "natural bridge" just by the entrance to the cavern itself which is how the cavern got it's name.

The cavern is really beautiful and just exactly the way I remembered it when I was little. I have to be honest, Garytt was not very excited to go to a cavern when we told him that was our plan for the morning, but he ended up thinking it was pretty neat and really seemed to enjoy the tour.


This is a very poor picture of the very narrow, very high bridge you have to cross during the tour. It's a bit intimidating.

And if you are totally crazy, this is an entrance to an area of the cavern that you have to explore the old fashioned way with no railing and just a light on your hat.

Here are a few more pictures inside.

It was pretty humid in the cavern, so by the end the boys were happy to be back out in the open air.

On our walk back toward the visitor center, the boys found a cactus that had a section that looked like a heart. They wanted a picture of it.

Despite it being quite warm in Texas, thus not feeling too much like winter, it was the day after Christmas and the area around the cavern was decorated for the season. We took a group photo by the Christmas tree.

Of course, the boys had to check out the gift shop before we left and they both ended up picking out a special rock to bring home.

We really enjoyed our morning at the Natural Bridge Caverns, especially being able to share it with so much family.

No comments:
Post a Comment