7.03.2013

More Fun in the Water

On Friday, June 28, we planned to meet up with some friends over at Stephen's Lake Park Splash Pad. Sara and I planned to meet at 9 am and let the kids run around a bit while we got a chance to chat. However, the boys and I got stuck on the highway behind a bad wreck. So, we were almost 30 minutes late.

Maddi and Colin were already busy playing by the time we got there. Garytt wasted no time getting into the water. Westyn took a little longer to warm up to the idea. But once he did, he was all about it.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Unfortunately, only about 30 minutes later, a group of day care kids arrived at the splash park. And suddenly our peaceful morning, was very chaotic. In fact, it was so overwhelming that it was Maddi who walked over to the side to start putting on her dry clothes. I totally agree...the park was too busy at that point!
 
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

My boys were less than thrilled to cut the play time short. And I didn't get very many pictures of our playdate...and none of Colin at all. What a bummer! I guess we will have to be careful about picking places to play on a Friday during the summer.

I didn't have to work at all that evening, so we took advantage of the extra family time by taking the boys to the pool at the ARC. They have a nice toddler section of the pool that the boys really like and it seemed appropriate to play at the pool since our splash pad time was cut short earlier in the day.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Garytt showed off how he can put his whole head underwater.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Garytt also explored the various waterfalls.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Meanwhile, Westyn played in the shallow area.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

We did take the boys to the slightly deeper water and let Garytt practice some of his swim skills and helped Westyn float around.  What a fun evening!

No comments: