7.27.2013

Meeting Baby Jacob

Sunday, July 14, we had just eaten some lunch and were getting the boys ready to go to the Topeka Zoo when my mom saw a text from Kyle saying that Bec had gone into labor and they were at the hospital. So, we switched gears and packed everyone up in the minivan and headed to Wichita. I have to say the boys handled the change of plans pretty well considering I think they were excited to see some animals.

We arrived at the birth center just before dinner time. Bec didn't want visitors, except my mom. So, Grandpa, the boys, and I headed out to get some dinner. We found Freebirds!! Yum!

After dinner, we went by the hospital to pick my mom up and let Bec and Kyle have some space. We headed to our hotel where we discovered an awesome basketball court just outside our rooms! At first, I was a little nervous because we didn't bring any balls with us. But, as it turns out, there were about five balls scattered around the edges of the court. Awesome! The boys had a great time!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The boys really needed this time to run around! After a bit, we took the boys inside and got them settled in for bed time. The plan was that I would try to keep the boys on their normal schedule as best as possible while my parents went back to the hospital to wait for baby Polok to arrive.

As it turns out, they found out that Baby Polok had arrived just minutes before they pulled up to the hospital. They were pulling up at the same time as Kyle's parents. So, all the grandparents got to meet the baby right away. I received a text with these pictures that said that Baby Polok arrived at 7:53 pm.
 
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Then I received a text that said his name is Jacob.

I was so sad that the boys and I couldn't be there to see him, especially since the boys were in now way interested in going to sleep on time. I think the one bedroom situation just doesn't work well for them. So, we cuddled in bed and watched Pinocchio and they boys finally gave up and went to sleep about 10pm.

The next morning, we got some breakfast at the hotel and then headed straight over to the hospital. Garytt brought a gift for Jacob. He was pretty excited about opening it, so Uncle Kyle helped him open it.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Of course, I went straight over to hold Jacob! Look at that precious little guy!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

It didn't take any time at all before Westyn was glued to me! Westyn really seemed a little jealous at first but eventually relaxed a little bit.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Then Garytt came over to see what all the fuss was about and meet his new cousin.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Grandma was next to hold Jacob...and then all her grandsons wanted to be with her.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

We decided to give Bec, Kyle, and Jacob some space and take a drive out to their house in Kingman to hang some curtains that my mom had for their kitchen. It also gave the boys a chance to take a nap in the car. They were still completely out when we arrived in Kingman. So, Grandpa stayed with the boys in the van while my mom and I ran inside for a few minutes. I really wanted to check out the nursery. It is super cute!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

We quickly hung the kitchen curtains and headed back to Wichita. The boys slept pretty much the entire way back to the hospital. So, when we got back to the hospital, they boys enjoyed a little snack time.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Meanwhile, I got a picture of the new Polok family.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Then, Aunt Becca, let Garytt go for a "ride" on the hospital bed.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Finally, it was time to head back to Topeka. So, we all had to say good-bye. We love this little guy!


I have received a few texted pictures from the last few weeks. He's so cute!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Jacob Robert Polok
July 14, 2013
7:53 pm
8 pounds
19 in

I'm so glad we got to meet him and I'm so thrilled to be his aunt!  Can't wait to see him again!

No comments: