Step 1: Set up the rocket launcher.
Step 2: Stretch.
Step 3: Launch!
There it goes! (It's way up in the sky in case you have a hard time finding it it.)
While Garytt was busy with the rockets, Westyn found entertainment by climbing on the hose.
You may recall that one of the gifts that Justin and I gave Garytt for his birthday was a kid's tablet. He does really like it and he uses it mostly in the car. However, it has some limitations compared to an iPad or Android tablet. So, Garytt has been allowed to use our Android tablet for some games while supervised. Meanwhile, Westyn has discovered the Innotab.
And, sometimes the headphones are cool enough by themselves.
The nice weather in June meant that we were able to go to the park several times. One of those evenings, Justin took the boys over to the lake and Garytt really enjoyed watching the water.
Here's Garytt enjoying some pizza.
Garytt has been so interested in books lately that it is difficult for me to actually read around his head. But we still enjoy story time!
One evening while playing outside, Garytt tripped on the driveway and busted his upper lip.
There were tears but nothing at a popsicle couldn't fix.
It took a while to completely heal, but it is finally back to normal.
Popsicles are also a good incentive to let me give the boys a haircut. I have been cutting Garytt's hair for a long time now and suddenly about a month ago, he freaked out about the whole process. I really don't know what the trigger was and I don't think I have ever really cut him while giving him a haircut. But, now, instead of being able to do a quick haircut, it is a huge ordeal. So, this time I made a deal that he could have a popsicle if he would sit still for the haircut. He did pretty well, so he earned his popsicle.
Of course, Westyn did well with his haircut, too. So, he earned a popsicle as well.
Westyn also enjoys the occasional cupcake.
The last weekend in June, I woke up decided to repaint our guest bathroom. We had a lot of paint leftover from our master bedroom. So, I wanted to use that paint and hang some of the pictures of the boys from the beach in there.
Ok, so the bathroom is small, so I thought it would be a quick project...but small doesn't always equal easy. The step ladder didn't fit in there very well between the sink and the toilet. Needless to say, it took a little longer than I thought and I had to have Justin help me with certain areas that I couldn't reach very well. But I am very happy with the change. It's amazing how one fresh coat of paint can totally change the feel of the room. (It's a little hard to get good pictures of the bathroom since it is so small but here they are...complete with the Elmo potty seat.)
I also completed a project for the playroom that has been on my list for a while. I made some cushions to place on the toy shelf. It provides a place for the boys to sit and read or hang out if they prefer that to being on the floor. This project has been put off for a while now becuase I wasn't sure I would really be able to sew together cushion covers. I didn't take pictures of the process (and if you saw the condition of my craft room currently, you would totally understand why), but I did take a few pictures of the final product. Of course, they aren't nearly perfect by any means but I'm happy with them and they will function just fine in the playroom.
I still have to make a few throw pillows for the room, but I'm glad to have this project complete.
No comments:
Post a Comment