1.09.2015

Disney Day 3 Morning - Hollywood Studios

Despite it being a late night at Mickey's Christmas party the night before, we were up early the next morning so we could go check out Hollywood Studios. The boys woke up to some new shirts and Monsters University toys.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

It didn't take long before we were ready to go.


Check out the giant Christmas tree just outside the gates to Hollywood Studios.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Of course, we took some pictures in front of the famous Mickey Sorcerer hat.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

They had us to a "magic shot" there. When I saw the character they inserted, I had no idea who it was. Recently, however, we saw Big Hero 6 and now we know that she is a character from that movie.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The same magic show was also made into a short animation.


The best part of Hollywood Studios, according to the boys, is Pixar Place where you can find Toy Story Mania ride and the Buzz and Woody meet and greet. We had a little time before we could ride Toy Story Mania, so we hopped in line to meet Buzz and Woody, but not before Garytt got a sneak peek at them through the windows.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The line to meet Buzz and Woody has lots of fun props for photos.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Pretty soon it was our turn to meet Buzz and Woody. Isn't Justin so adorable waiting for Woody to sign his autograph book?

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

(Haha! No idea why the Photopass person thought this was a good photo...Justin just happened to be the autograph book keeper at the moment.)

 Anyhow, on to the real photos with Buzz and Woody.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

When we came out of the meet and greet, we found a Green Army Man.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Next, it was time for some Toy Story Mania!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

While the rest of the group went to go ride Star Tours, Westyn and I headed to Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area. Ok, he loved it there, but it was a nightmare for me. There were tunnels and slides everywhere and I felt like it was far too easy to loose sight of him in there. I convinced him to stay on this one slide, which he did about a million times, but I could see both the stairs up and the slide down at the same time. While it is a fun area, I don't recommend it to anyone who doesn't have a ratio of two adults per child or older children who are less likely to just get lost in a crowd.

20141114_122906.jpg 20141114_123309.jpg

Garytt had a great time on the Star Tours ride! He couldn't wait to ride it again with me since I had a child swap pass. Plus you get to wear some pretty sweet shades on that ride.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

We took some fun Star Wars pictures just outside the ride.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

We also came across Lightning McQueen and Mater!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Pretty soon it was time to eat lunch at Hollywood and Vine and meet some of the stars of Disney, Junior. The kids that were waiting outside couldn't help but peek in the window to see what was going on. I love how excited Westyn is to see Jake the pirate!


We didn't have to wait long before we got to go inside.

20141114_143231.jpg Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Sofia the First came by our table first.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Next up was Doc McStuffins. The boys were really impressed with her!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Of course, Jake was the hit of the lunch...just look at Westyn's face when he realizes Jake is at our table!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug 

The last character around to our table was Handy Manny.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The fun thing about dining with the Disney, Junior characters is that they have interludes of music and dancing. Of course, the boys love that!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Here are some videos of their dancing fun. (In the second video, I think Justin got briefly distracted by the plate of food I brought to the table...)


I also was surprised with another birthday cake and card singed by the Disney, Jr. characters. (I did not know I was being filmed...I thought Justin was taking pictures from his phone...nice.)


After all that fun and dancing, it was time for our afternoon break. Garytt complained that he "wasn't even tired." Sure...

20141114_144725.jpg

Poor little guy didn't even make it to the car before falling asleep.

No comments: