12.04.2013

Legoland

While Justin and Westyn were off having fun in Texas, Garytt and I decided to have a fun outing to Legoland Discovery Center in Kansas City one day. We arrived at Crown Center in time for some lunch at Fritz' first. Garytt loves the trains!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

After lunch, we walked across the street to Legoland. I have to admit the brick structures are pretty impressive.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

They even have a miniature Kansas City made out of Lego bricks.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I was surprised that Garytt wasn't really interested in building much despite all the huge tubs of Lego bricks around. They had an indoor play area, which excited him the most. It wasn't anything super special but he loved running around in there. And, it was nice for me because there was only one entrance and exit, so I felt comfortable with him in there. I didn't get many pictures of him running around in there but I did get a picture of him with the big wrecking ball. The kids are supposed build a big tower and knock it over with the wrecking ball, but another kid showed Garytt how to get up on the ball and swing...nice.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Other than the play area, his next favorite thing was the race track. I tried to encourage him to build some cars to race and showed him how the pieces fit together. But he was more interested in the racing aspect. So, some older boys would build something, test it, decide that car wasn't fast enough, put the car back in the Lego buckets whole, and Garytt would pick up a completed car. Well, there ya go. He loved racing them, even if his wasn't the fastest. In his mind he always won. And I have to say the older boys were good about letting him race with them.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

We also watched one of the four 4D movies but there were parts of the movie that Garytt said were too scary, so we didn't watch the others.

After a while, I told Garytt it was time to go have our fun snack. We got some Sheridan's custard on the way to the car. Yum!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I have mixed feelings about our Legoland adventure. It is a pricey outing (although I found discount tickets online, which were about half price) and I didn't feel there were really that many things to do. I thought there would be more blueprints of how to build certain things or at least idea books around. It was literally bunches of Lego bricks, which didn't excite Garytt much because we have a number of the Duplo blocks at home. His favorite part was the indoor play area, which I wouldn't pay that much to go do. There was also one ride that we did, which required you to use a laser gun to shoot the bad guys and save the princess, which he liked. For me, I'm not eager to go back. I didn't think there was enough value to the experience. However, Garytt told Justin when he got home later in the week that he loved Legoland. So, there ya go.

No comments: