12.06.2013

Kaleidoscope

Justin's Aunt Shira came to visit us here in Missouri in mid-November for a few days. Justin had to work some of the time that she was here. So, I suggested that Shira, the boys and I go to Hallmark's Kaleidoscope in Kansas City, which is a free art lab in Crown Center. I have never been there before but had heard about it and thought the boys would like it.

The Kaleidoscope lab was impressively decorated. I don't think my pictures do it justice. The issue with all the interesting things in ever nook was that took more of Garytt's attention than the actual art projects. Of course, that could be because even Shira and I couldn't really tell what we were supposed to do at some of the stations with the random scraps of paper and tape.

The boys wandered for a bit.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Then they did a little painting...at least that station we knew what they were supposed to do with all the supplies.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Then Westyn found some markers at the card making station. He was a little wild with the markers.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I convinced Westyn to leave the markers and we went to fiind Shira and Garytt. They had found this cave-like area with buttons that played music. The boys really enjoyed pushing the buttons and dancing to the music.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Westyn seemed to enjoy the art lab a little more than Garytt. He clung to his bag of art projects.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I'm glad they enjoyed the art lab but I was a little disappointed with the lack of direction at the stations. The random pieces of paper and puzzle pieces just didn't make sense. Then again, I'm not a super artsy person so maybe it was just too outside the box for me...ha!

After Kaleidoscope, we went over to the planetarium to watch the Big Bird and Elmo movie over at Science City. Both boys were pretty impressed with that. It was a fun day in Kansas City!

No comments: