9.16.2013

Garytt's First Day of Preschool

Garytt started preschool the day after Labor Day. I got up a little early that Tuesday to make him a special barnyard animal pancake breakfast. (Sorry the lighting is a little weird in these pics.)

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

While he was eating his breakfast, I packed his lunch. I bought special ziplock bags that have the Cars characters and some that have the Monsters, Inc. characters. I thought they would be a fun touch to lunch time.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

After he was all dressed and ready for class, we took a few pictures outside of the house.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Before we loaded up in the car, he wanted to "practice running" with his backpack on.
 
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

We picked up Justin on the way to school so he could be there for the first day, too. I asked him to take a few pictures before we went into the building. I kind of thought he would get the building in the background but they ended up just being Garytt.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Finally, it was time to go inside. He didn't hesitate to walk down the hall. In fact, he was in such a hurry, I had to remind him not to run over the smaller kids.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

We arrived at his classroom and he put up his lunch box and backpack.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Then he didn't hesitate at all to jump right in to playing with the other kids.
 
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Yeah, there were no hugs, no good-byes...he was just totally focused on playing. I know that is better than having a kid who cries and it super attached but, wow, I would have liked him to at least wave.

Anyhow, the great thing about his teacher and this preschool is that they are big on sharing photos as well. So, here's a pictures that Little One's Day Out posted of his class in the hallway. I think he has a girlfriend already!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Garytt apparently enjoyed playing with the dress-up hats and such as well on the first day.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

They also posted a few pictures of him on Thursday (his second day of preschool). Here's some circle time on the carpet.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Sensory play time.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Art time.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Snack time.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Outdoor fun. (Check out his awesome bubble!)

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

More dress-up.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Back on the first day of school, Ms. Soncha took pictures of each of the kids with a sign that said 1st day of preschool, which happens to be awesome because I didn't get that done but meant to.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The great thing about the teacher sharing so many pictures is that I get to feel like I don't miss out on quite so much. And, as I expected, he looks like he is having a great time!

No comments: